Life is hectic; it’s true. There are so many things that demand your time and attention. Between work, kids, family and household chores, there is precious little time left over for you. So, it is completely understandable why things like spa reservations get pushed to the end of your priority list. But is it at the end of the “to do” list where your skin appointment belongs? The answer to that question is, of course, no. There are many reasons why you should keep your clinic reservation. Aside from taking a little bit of time and relaxation for yourself, which I know is not going to motivate you since all of your energy goes toward enriching the lives of others and not your own, there are many practical reasons why you should not call and cancel your next appointment.
Here are 5 Reasons:
1. Keeping up with skin maintenance saves you time. You know how it is, your skin is doing just fine until that fateful morning on which you realize that your skin is way past due for a treatment. It looks dull and irritated. So, after countless attempts at trying to coerce your skin into the glowy, radiant skin it was just weeks ago, you resign yourself to the fact that nothing except a treatment will fix your bad skin day. But we all know that a spur-of-the-moment appointment is hard to come by. That means that you will spend the next week or two wasting time trying to DIY your own facials at home while waiting for your reservation. Only if you would have kept your original appointment. You see, getting a regular treatment, even if you think you can squeeze by another week or two, prevents this mess from happening in the first place. Fresh, clear skin will save you so much time and stress when getting ready in the mornings.
2. Keeping your appointment saves you money. If your skin expert has regular opportunities to keep your skin in tip top shape, he or she will have to do less in the long run to keep you looking radiant. If you continually let your skin become damaged/dehydrated/congested, your specialist will have to do more work to bring your skin back in line again. More work equals more time, and we all know that time equals money.
3. There is never a better time than today to treat your skin. Sure, we all think that we’ll have more time next week, that our work load will be less than it is today. But does that ever really happen? Let’s face it; next week will be just as busy as this week. And when you’re busy, a little bit of R & R will give you the energy that you need to keep going.
4. Another appointment is weeks away. Why do you go to your specialist? It’s because he or she is a fantastic skin specialist and knows your skin inside and out. Well, if your specialist is this great with you, I’m sure there are other clients dying for your their services. If you miss this appointment, it could be weeks before you get another one.
5. Keep your appointment out of respect. When you make a reservation, your specialist carves out time from a hectic day to cater to you. If you don’t show or cancel at the last minute, your specialist will end up sitting around making no money when he or she could have filled that time slot with another guest. Canceling reservations repeatedly may cause you to be placed on a pay in advance or last minute reservation list. Or even in some cases you can get “fired” for missing too many appointments.
Granted, sometimes things happen that make canceling an appointment a necessity. When this is the case, be sure to give a minimum 24 business hours and reschedule as soon as you can. Not only will your skin specialist thank you, but your skin will as well.