This type of exfoliation triggers cell regeneration, allowing skin care products to penetrate the skin in a more efficient manner. Dermaplaning is used to remove excess facial hair as well. Myth buster: That very fine hair on the face known as “vellus hairs” will not grow back thicker or darker. However, dermaplaning is not recommended for removing very dark, coarse hair from the face.
Dermaplaning is great for people with dry or rough skin textures. Dermaplaning is also great for the treatment of aging, mature skin that tends to develop a buildup of dead skin cells. Cellular turnover also slows down with age. Dermaplaning does what a skin “scrubbing” can’t do. Scrubbing can damage delicate facial skin. Dermaplaning brightens your skin, leaving it smooth and refreshed.
Dermaplaning uses a technique that requires a very delicate touch. Facial skin calls for a skilled hand for successful resurfacing of the skin. When completed, there is no down time. A freshly treated face will “glow” with radiance. You will see and feel dramatic results instantly in the texture and tone of your skin This treatment improves cell turnover, wrinkles, and dark spots. Facial “peach fuzz” will be gone and fine lines will be less noticeable.
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation that utilizes a specialized instrument designed to scrape away accumulated dead skin cells and vellous hair. It is a comfortable, relaxing procedure that can be combined with other services to improve their efficacy.
What Results Can I Expect?
Brighter, softer skin that glows with renewed health. You’ll also notice a reduction in the appearance of fine lines, hyperpigmentation and acne scars.
How Soon Will I See Results?
Your results are immediate. That is one of the great things about dermaplaning. No downtime and no waiting to look your best. This is the perfect treatment before a social event.
Pre Treatment Instructions
- No shaving, peels, waxing, or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to Dermaplaning treatments.
- You should wait 7 days after receiving Botox or Dermal Fillers to receive Dermaplaning treatments.
- Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily post treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 or greater, reapply often, wear a wide brimmed hat, and seek shade when possible. Be careful of sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily for 2 weeks.
- Avoid excessive heat 3 days post treatment, i.e. heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc.
- Avoid chlorine for 24 hours.
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
- Avoid Dermal Fillers or Botox for 2 to 4 weeks based on area.
- Do not pick, scratch, or aggressively rub the treated area.
- No scrubs, polishers, or aggressive brushes should be used for 7 to 14 days.
- You may experience slight peeling for the first few days. Slight windburn sensation and/or blotchiness are normal for the first few days. Skin care products may tingle or slightly burn for the first 2 days.
- Skin Softer to the Touch and Smoother in Appearance
- A brighter complexion with a more Youthful Glow
- Active Ingredients in Skin Care Product penetrate more deeply Improving Skin Health
- Immediate Improvement in Skin Tone
- Helps Reduce Fine Lines
- Makeup Glides on Easily
- Treatment for All Skin Types and Colors
- Will not Aggravate Telangiectasia (Broken Capillaries)
- Helps Reduce Blackheads and Enlarged Pores
- Unlike Waxing, can be performed on Clients using Retinols
- Minimal risk of Post-Procedure Breakouts
- No treatment downtime